Old MacDonald's Farm, Sackets Harbor

 It is difficult to rate this business as an ice cream stand, however that's why I visited. I passed signs for about a month telling me about the ice cream stand.  I first found out they don't have evening hours which I thought was odd for a seasonal ice cream stand.  

I finally had a chance to visit when they were open.  The ice cream stand is part of an area attraction, old McDonald's farm.  I was trying to figure out how to get into the ice cream stand since I didn't plan on visiting the whole attraction.  I didn't see any people waiting in lines and the door was locked.
 I could see two young girls mopping in a back area so I asked them how to get into the ice cream store.  They said it was a slow day so they closed early.  "The store was already closed.'  As I was leaving two women were leaving the back area which seemed to be the attraction and they asked if they could help with anything I said "no, because the story already closed for the day." She looks surprised and said they weren't closed. So she asked the girls to open back up and get my ice cream.  I didn't want to ask them to turn everything back on so I just chose a prepackaged ice cream out of the cooler.  The ice cream was absolutely delicious, which is a definite plus.

If you happen to be visiting the farm make sure you try the ice cream.  It is definitely farm fresh.  Although they have a snack bar and an ice cream counter, I don't know how many people visit for just the food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin's Nest, Pierrepont Manor

Park Bros. Bagels and Coffee, Potsdam