Gram's Diner, Adam's NY

 

Gram's 


 

I really really want to like this place. It's been around for years and it's just the type of place I love. Friends rave about it.


 It was a blistering hot summer night, our planned activity had fallen through, so we decided to grab a quick dinner in air conditioning.  

The special of the night was turkey dinner. I just didn't want anything that heavy so settled on the hot turkey sandwich. The turkey sandwich was served with fries and the chicken parm sandwich came with chips. The waitress asked if I wanted gravy on the fries and I hesitated slightly. She promptly added I could have it on the side.  I was glad I ordered the gravy on the side, as it was super salty, and tasted like it came from jar or mix.  The meal was reminiscent of a school lunch.


 
The chicken parm sandwich seemed like something that had been overcooked and hidden under a bit of sauce.


The bill arrived and we had an upcharge for the gravy.  I know restaurants are in the business of making money and some are operating under a very tight profit margin, but I find these hidden charges very annoying.


 A few months later friends really wanted to go for breakfast.  Breakfast was a much better experience, and I could see why people raved about Gram's. Every table was taken and we had about a 15 minute wait. Breakfast for two was about the same price as dinner, because admittedly we chose a few of the higher priced options.  Eggs benedict which was served with home fries

 and pumpkin pancakes served with maple butter.

 Both choices were excellent.  The service wasn't great, but given the volume of people they were handling I can understand that.  Three people in our party ordered items that involve pancakes, yet she never brought the syrup.  No refills or warm up on coffee. We finally borrowed syrup from a vacated table.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin's Nest, Pierrepont Manor

Park Bros. Bagels and Coffee, Potsdam